Anonymous said: the facial expressions on the most recent MO update are SO ENJOYABLE.
Ah, thank you! When I’m really tired of drawing, it seems like it’d be easy to just crap out on the expressions and ” :I ” everybody, but MO is 20 fat pages of people talking to each other, so. Keeping the faces lively, and varying camera distance, are both big priorities for me.
(Thanks again ;u;)
Paul says we’re posting really old, embarrassing things today? Oh, okay, I can accommodate.
- The myth, the legend.
- Many years of Bob’s fake person existence were consumed by me not being able to figure out how a boy is pretty but still recognizably masculine.
- He also had wings for many of those fake person years. Oops.
- I used to justify both young Steven and adult Steven existing at the same time, by saying the younger one was an unfortunate “time clone”. If that isn’t bad enough, pretty much all of that text is embarrassing as balls.
- Painting used to be very, very confusing to me. It was like trying to speak a foreign language.
- I had my ass ridden in a highly unpleasant way over this picture.
- how anime?? how JRPGs. how
- This is actually fine for how old it is, but I also had my ass ridden over this in a way that makes me kinda pretend I never drew this.
- I was trying to do my art trade with Simon Eckert. You can see why this. Yeah. Terrifying. Is it even possible to do something worthy??
- That’s exactly what you think it is.
I spared you the porn.
tyuran said: re: the self-reblog for comic updates post: as someone who reads their entire dash, I find it a little irritating, but also understand that self-promotion is incredibly important, especially for webcomics and similar creative endeavours. So I put up with it, because I can't fault the people on my dash who do it for trying to support their livelihood. And hey, it's still a more personal touch than in-dash corporate adverts or recommended posts, even if it is a repeat.
In your judgment, how much more or less effective would, say, a separate blog for MO stuff be? If there is any change at all.
I post an MO update reminder/promo banner as soon as the comic is up.
I then either reblog it once (in the evening) or twice (in the afternoon, and then in the evening). This is pretty common “hey, I updated today” behavior in the circles I travel.
I am not super comfortable with doing this. I’d really just like to post once. Unfortunately, the comic goes up at ass o’clock, most days, and even if it didn’t, most people keeping up with MO via tumblr are following too many people/live in too diverse of timezones to scroll all the way back and see an update reminder.
Is there a way any of you prefer to be reminded of updates? Do you feel spammed by the multiple reminders? Do the reminders make you want to read the comic, or do they grate on your nerves a bit?
Thoughts from the night crowd?
yes, let us do some warmup sketches. ask bawks please specify an “original” “”character””
Send a number and I’ll draw my OC:
- In what they normally wear
- In what I’m currently wearing
- In a school uniform
- In swimwear
- In underwear
- With no clothes on
- In winter clothes
- In fancy clothes
- Making 3 different expressions
- Standing on their hands
- With their favorite animal
- Hanging out with a friend
- Sitting on the couch
- Doing something they don’t normally do
- Playing a sport
- Beaten up
- As a kid/adult
- Wearing a funny hat
Attorney General Eric Holder will travel to Ferguson today to meet with community leaders, FBI investigators, and federal prosecutors. Read his message to the people of Ferguson in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
WELP, let’s see how this goes.