it worries me that people graduate high school without learning this stuff?? basic perspective knowledge like this shouldnt be a “neat trick” skfjaskl
while i agree and i feel like i personally have known this forever,
it is surprising how many artists don’t
i think a lot of people’s foundations lie in portraiture and they may never have learned to draft?
I didn’t take art classes in high school, but middle school art never taught us fundamental stuff like this. I learned this kind of thing from How to Draw books when I was younger. It’s not surprising at all that people don’t know this stuff. Public school art classes, even if taken, are rarely that useful. For us it was always still lifes of cowboy boots and glass bottles, so the school could enter them in the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo art gallery and hopefully win some cred. I think the only thing I really learned in all my years of art class is that art teachers hate the color black, and that you should always cover all the white on the paper.
- ixellent reblogged this from neekko and added:
- kaileighblue reblogged this from heysawbones and added:
- neekko reblogged this from heysawbones and added:
- halleybutt likes this
- heysawbones likes this
- alexdotexe reblogged this from heysawbones and added:
- slimmeroo likes this
- terminalstillness likes this
- sleepnoises likes this
- heysawbones reblogged this from docvalentine and added:
- docvalentine posted this