Anonymous asked: what would you recommend for a beginner? some poeple tell me to doodle but i dont draw that well even doodle well.... excercises? copy some stuff anything, help!!
Ah man, the thing is… if you’re a beginner, your doodles WON’T be good! And that’s 100% okay. It’s fine and normal and expected. Required, even. There is no way around this reality.
When you’re new to drawing, “good drawings” may not be a realistic short-term goal - at least not “good drawings” as compared to any art heroes you may have. You should worry about making “good drawings” on your level - IE, you should be concerned with progress. The way you progress is through practice, and doodling is totally part of that.
As for copying things, that’s good practice, too. If you have access to local figure drawing classes, I highly recommend them. If not, drawing people and environments around you is great, too. If it comes down to it, both Google and magazines are just chock full of pictures you can draw.
- if you’re new, your drawings won’t be very good!
- That’s okay and normal, no matter what anybody says.
- The goal right now is to practice and make progress - to grow! Not to make nice finished pieces like your art heroes. Don’t get down because you can’t do what they do, yet. They couldn’t do that when they were beginners, either.
- Everybody who has ever drawn sucked at it.
- bertietheninja likes this
- poesister likes this
- alittlebitlostatthemoment likes this
- ofpurelove likes this
- blueanimestar101 likes this
- addtlpylons likes this
- underhandlilies likes this
- msalaniusramblings likes this
- shmrie likes this
- majaraco likes this
- frankrmb likes this
- older-and-far-away likes this
- teddums likes this
- vexedquestions likes this
- zaraay87 likes this
- derwolfsmantel likes this
- acidgraffiti likes this
- greatestidiot likes this
- mistahgrundy likes this
- polks likes this
- fotdk likes this
- teapirate likes this
- touchpulp likes this
- heysawbones posted this