But now, I am back and it’s time to DO SOME OF THOSE REQUESTS I GOT YESTERDAY jesus wow
here are the requests I am going to try to do over an extended period of time in the immediate and/or near future; some may be combined:
- docvalentine said: steven transforms into sailor crossroads to battle the evil space queen nega-allan
- polks said: Steven and Layla dancing. Dancing is nice. Maybe a formal event so they can look extra classy?
- joobr said: SCARY MOVIE REACTIONS
- danteo said: I know nothing about your characters except that they look cool, but what about drawing them piloting large robots
- qthorn said: how ‘bout mitzi bench pressing a spaceship or an enthused space king elvis stuffed into one of those quarter-operated, storefront kiddy car rides.
- greiison said: can you draw mitzy with a railgun
- bombsovermyhead said: mitzi bench pressing bob please. bob and steven having really awkward family vacation together
- tylociraptor asked you: How about Steven and Bob having a really cute, affectionate father and son moment? Because holy shit my weekend is cute dads.
- dracomorph asked you: Could you draw Bob in an underground knife fight?
- teantacles asked you: mitzy and steven dressed as olivia armstrong and alex armstrong from fullmetal alchemist?
- warchiefeny asked you: Draw Steven as the King of All Cosmos and Bob as the Prince of All Cosmos.
- tyuran asked you: Does Steven’s family get any sort of everyday happy domestic moments together? I would like that to be my request.
- Anonymous asked you: Draw Bob giving Sef a well deserved punch in the face.
- destroyass asked you: steven being the god damned emperor
- sephiramy asked youIIII waaaaaaaaant… Starlett walking in on Bob playing with his toy robot. (No, it’s not a euphemism.)
plaidfluff, you are drunk:
- plaidfluff said: Schtein as a cat, Marcus as a human
This Walk of Shame thing is a lot of fun DANG also wow a lot of you came by, THANKS it was really nice!
You may not have read the last ask. You may not have clicked the link. That is fine. But the video? The video is great.
Yeah, you know, it’s a little bizarre, I admit. But if you think about most cat toys, they’re kinda bizarre. Cats are kinda bizarre. Y’know, big carpeted pillars that they can go up to and scratch? That’s kinda weird. Little balls with bells inside that they knock around? That’s kinda strange. If you’re a cat, you’re entertained by things that normally wouldn’t appeal to humans, and there’s not many humans who would crawl into a big, crinkly bag just for the fun of it. But if you’re a cat, that’s exactly the kind of thing you do. ‘Cause,there’s not much else, I guess, you can really do with your time.
Anonymous asked: If there were to be a MO movie who would you cast for the main characters? Or rather, if MO was turned into an animated series who would you want to voice the characters?
I’ve not been able to find uh, body doubles for my characters, and the only voice I’ve found is Mike Rowe. He sounds and speaks an awful lot like I imagine Steven does, though Steven is a comparatively lazy enunciator.
I think of Bob as having a warmly monotone voice. I haven’t heard anybody who I think would make a good “Bob” voice, but I gotta admit that I haven’t really been looking.
Another sketch, with a hairstyle suggested by Amy! Trying out this Mangoe Studioe.
Anonymous asked: What culture/cultures is the last costume based on? Thanks.
The Reisangrit costume? None in particular. Traditional Reisangrit garb is mostly derived from the silhouette of the silly fighting-game character version of Little Steven. So, it’s sort of bottom-heavy, and there are a lot of scarves/shawls/capes/etc. Obviously that doesn’t cover everything - I also try to keep a couple of guidelines in mind:
- The Kingdom of Reisan is a hot place
- Being covered up is actually more utilitarian, as are light colors, so the poorer you are, the more skin you cover and the lighter your clothes tend to be (lots of earth tones)
- dyes are not as much of an indicator of wealth as they once were, but merchants and others who want to convey prosperity accessorize using items that required a whole lot of bright dyes
- The darker your clothes are and the less skin you cover, the wealthier you are assumed to be (the implication is that you don’t have to work outside for a living).
- Many items worn close to the body have linen or cotton wraps underneath to prevent chafing and heat rash.
- The relationship between skin tone and presumed status is inverted - darker skin is associated with spending a lot of time outdoors. This isn’t a belief imported from the neighboring white folks of the Crossroads Empire - it predates any meaningful relationship with lighter-skinned people. The belief does, however, have an impact on how Reisangrit view lighter-skinned nations. Lighter skin in the internal tribal aristocracy is positive; lighter skin outside the kingdom is an indicator of snobbery.
- Reisangrit accoutremand tends toward the geometric.
WOOP WOOP thanks for coming by! I’ll be working on this more after I wake up, yikes.